Sunday, July 21, 2019

Trimming edges



What a difference trimming the edge makes to a flower bed.  Before you couldn't see the white alyssum along the edge and now the beebalm in the centre is more visible. Also two orange poppies came out today. These were on some plants I bought at the garden centre in May and I didn't think they would bloom this year.  Amazing flowers they are.

On the left is Annabelle hydrangea in its 3rd year. I counted 20 blossoms on it. And this year, the leaves don't droop after 2 days without water, which tells me it has rooted well and is getting established.

It has been three weeks without much rain. There was one brief downpour about 10 days ago, but it only measured 8 mm on the rain gauge. A good week should measure 27 mm. You can see how dry everything is by the brown grass above. I am watering everything every second day. But I think I will go to every third day except for the veggie beds.












No comments:

Post a Comment