Monday, July 22, 2019

Purple drift


I never thought I was a purple flower lover, but it turns out I am. So I dug a little section of earth out today to create the beginning of a purple drift.


Yesterday I moved a Johnson's blue geranium from a shady bed to a sunnier location; it looked a little shocked today so I gave it lots of water to recover.


And then dug out a strip behind the garage; this is the sunniest location in the entire yard. Full sun all day long. On the left is Veronica Speedwell, a variety called Eveline.  On the right are two Salvia, Mystic Spire Blue variety. There had been a Stella d'oro daylily in this spot; it is temporarily sitting in a vegetable bed, as I'm not sure where to put it. It could go in front of these purple perennials but I am thinking I need more purple in here before adding some dashes of yellow. I have a second Stella d'Oro daylily that could also be moved here. Or I could just keep adding more purple plants.

Decisions, decisions. To the right is a long strip that gets all day sun; this would be a great spot for dahlias next year. Right now I have some pumpkins planted there to provide pumpkins for the grandkids for Halloween.











No comments:

Post a Comment