Thursday, November 1, 2018

Birds on the Feeders



 We are getting a lot of different birds on our feeders. Since putting up the feeders last week, we have had chickadees, both black capped and Mountain chickadees, blue jays of course, some sparrows, pine grosbeaks, a down woodpeckers, and yesterday they were all ousted by a traveling flock of evening grosbeaks.  What bully birds they were and how messy!

I am glad they were just traveling through and only stayed for little more than one day. They got through all the seed in two feeders in less than a day, leaving nothing for the polite little chickadees.

Today we seem so have some finches. I don't know what they are exactly, I will have to consult the big  book on birds that we have here. But these are like the chickadees, polite little birds that don't spill all the sunflower seeds onto the deck. They are very welcome to stay.



In the gardening world, I have been planting bulbs. To date, I have put in 35 crocuses, and 66 tulips. I know that tulips don't survive where there are deer, but we haven't had any deer in the back yard since putting up the fence. Perhaps it will stay that way.  I am sure they don't like the smell of the dog there.









No comments:

Post a Comment