Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Pruning and dried blossoms


It is pruned. I followed the advice of John Holden of Landscape Designs and cut the failing PeeWee hydrangea back to the old wood.  I left one set of buds on each branch in the hope that new growth will come from these next spring.


I cut most of the blossoms off and put them in vases without water. They are pretty dry already and I think they will just sit here and look pretty.


The array below is special to me because the vase was given to us by a dear friend in Halifax. It is a rock that has been polished and drilled with a 1" hole to hold just a few stems. The blue vase above was given to us years ago and I can't recall who gave it to us now. The blue matches the newly painted walls in the kitchen.



My photos are no match to my husband's on his much better camera. I may have to invest in a new camera for myself and step up the photo quality.












No comments:

Post a Comment