Saturday, May 18, 2019



Three foxgloves have been planted in the bed by the front steps.  I had some here the first summer we were in this house, but they didn't come back so I will try again.


In the bed by the driveway, there are quite a lot of plants but none have grown very big so far.  So it doesn't look like much, but it should do soon. This bed has 3 peonies, a goat's beard, a hydrangea, lady's mantle, aronia, two painted daisies, some johnny-jump-ups. 




Today,  I planted two  lupins. These are considered a "cottage plant" in this neck of the woods. In Nova Scotia, they are weeds that grow along the highways on the hillsides.  The leaf formation reminds me of scheffleras.  They are tough, so they are perfect for this zone 3 garden.


I also planted a reblooming dwarf lilac in the back yard. It should have pink flowers. I don't know if it will get any this year, probably not, but something to look forward to.







No comments:

Post a Comment